Listen to 30 Second Song Samples
Otis Murphy – saxophone
Haruko Murphy – piano
special appearance by The Masato Kumoi Saxophone Quartet
- The wonderful melodies of Gershwin in Ralph Martino’s arrangement which includes Summertime from where this CD gets its title.
- The virtuosity of Murphy’s playing in Pasculli’s non stop whirl of notes that is “The Bee”.
- The excitement of a world wide collaboration of great artists in an arrangement of Mozart’s Oboe Quartet featuring Otis Murphy with the Masato Kumoi Saxophone Quartet from Japan.
- A live recording of Roberto Molinelli’s incredibly seductive and compelling “Four Pictures from New York”.
- Also includes the Sonata by Muczyniski, and “Two Movements” by Waignein”, two compelling works from the repertoire which showcase Murphy’s lyrical sound and exciting performances.
Otis Murphy is in great demand as an international soloist and clinician, having played all around the world, including North America (United States and Canada), Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain and the United Kingdom), Asia (Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan), and Australia. Mr. Murphy has received numerous awards including prizes in Belgium’s Adolphe Sax International Saxophone Competition, France’s Jean-Marie Londeix International Saxophone Competition, and the Heida Hermanns International Woodwind Competition in the United States. He is Associate Professor of Music at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.
‘I… highly recommend it to any readers who might like to stretch their musical horizons in perhaps new directions, and hear some music-making of the highest caliber.’
‘Murphy skilfully demonstrates his technical mastery of the saxophone, amazing control of dynamic line and articulation and intonation in the altissimo register.’
INTERNATIONAL RECORD REVIEW