Marilyn Strevens studied music at Newton Park College (now Bath Spa University).
Until her retirement she was head of music at Lockleaze School, Bristol. As a cellist she
has performed extensively in chamber and orchestral settings and her enjoyment of
the Baroque genres lead her to discover a wealth of rare and in some cases, unknown
repertoire. Responding to performance demands, she later extended her instrumental
commitments to the full range of saxophones, but most particularly the soprano.
Recognising the exciting potential of exploiting appropriately selected Baroque and Romantic
repertoire for saxophones and clarinets and using her experience as a string player, she has embarked on redefining pieces which might otherwise be lost from view.
Baroque Redefined Series
- Handel/Strevens -Trio Sonata in G minor, op.2 no.6 for clarinet and piano
- Handel/Strevens – Trio Sonata in G minor, op.2 no.6 for saxophone and piano
- De Fesch/Strevens – Sonata in F major for soprano or tenor sax and piano
- De Fesch/Strevens – Sonata in F major for alto or baritone sax and piano
- Scarlatti/Strevens – Concerto II in C minor for clarinet quartet
- Guilhaud/Strevens -.Quatres pièces en deux suites for soprano & tenor sax version
- Guilhaud/Strevens – Quatres pièces en deux suites for alto & baritone sax version
- Guilhaud/Strevens – Trois pièces for soprano or tenor saxophone and piano
- Guilhaud/Strevens -Trois pièces for alto or baritone saxophone and piano
- Balay/Strevens – Prélude et Ballade for soprano or alto saxophone and piano
- Balay/Strevens – Andante et Allegretto for soprano or alto saxophone and piano
- Spohr/Strevens – Andante for bass clarinet and piano
- Balay/Strevens – Petite Pièce for soprano or alto saxophone and piano