The challenges that come with performing in a group can be overwhelming. Join Victoria in uncovering the practical and psychological aspects of rehearsals, performance preparation and stage etiquette.
- Victoria is available to coach groups of all sizes: chamber groups, wind sectional, a group mentoring for practice and performance support (see mentoring page for full details), or indeed a combination of both coaching and mentoring
- Depending on the size of the group sessions can be held at Victoria’s London music room or request a venue of your choice
- Sessions are usually 3 hours with a 20 minute break
The sessions aim to encourage positive dialogue and productive rehearsal outcomes, bringing together shared musical intentions with the development of efficient and effective rehearsal techniques.
Topics can include:
- Performance communication and presentation
- Musical balance and the art of listening!
- Practice techniques
- Managing anxieties in rehearsals as well as performance
- The art of doubling – some useful tips
- Planning & preparing for a recording as a group
- Programme planning
BOOK A GROUP MENTORING & COACHING LESSON
* assuming London location
How to book a Group Mentoring & Coaching Lesson:
1. Using the form below, email Victoria with a booking request.
2. A date and venue will be agreed via email. If the session is to be at Victoria’s studio, you will be sent a map and clear instructions.
3. Payment to be made via PayPal.
4. You will receive confirmation of booking and receipt.
- 2-4 players – £160
- 5+ players – £250
“Victoria’s sensitive yet highly analytic approach takes the pupil on a voyage of discovery in which underlying issues and problems are identified and addressed, technique rebuilt and appropriate practice and playing habits established. I have found her focused engagement with all aspects of my playing enormously beneficial.” (An adult learner)
You can benefit from Victoria’s knowledge, experience, practical support, musicianship, commitment and indeed contagious energy!