Victoria is not only a performer and professor; through her Masters in Performance Science and ongoing research, she brings a unique insight to her lectures.
Lectures topics might include:
- Building a vocabulary basis for positive self-evaluation and self-reporting
- The journey from practice to performance; the science approach
- Motivation; the barriers to practical action
- The complexities of time management; being busy or being effective!
- Psychology in Performance; the balance between science and emotion
- Organisation of tasks and goals in the process from practice preparation to practice realization
- An honest presentation devoted to injury recovery – physical and psychological
Supported by powerful visuals, Victoria’s lectures which combine her personal story and her experience with a lifetime performing and recording to demonstrate how performers can embrace scientific principles, models and theories from which to develop a greater understanding in pursuit of establishing a solid, personally owned approach for practice and performance.
Drawing on her personal life challenges as well as her professional life, Victoria has developed a new approach to practice and performance which she calls OPC – Organise, Prioritise, Commit.
“Art is about expression and imagination, science gives principles and reasoning. It is the combined force of art and science which makes for a harmonious partnership”. Samek 2016