Learning to play an instrument is one of the most demanding skills an individual is likely to undertake. Embarking on learning an instrument can be for pleasure or as a means for gaining extra qualifications. Both can result in confused expectations and anxieties.
Lessons will not only develop technical skills of your instrument and build a diverse resource of repertoire but the knowledge to give reason and understanding to the often baffling ‘where do I start?’ and ‘Why does this fault keep happening?’ With Victoria’s experienced approach and intuitive sensitivity alongside her infectious enthusiasm and love of music, students are assured of developing strategies of learning and depth of understanding to support their practice which will equip them to perform at their best consistently.
- From beginner to advance, young student to mature learner.
- Developing an effective daily warm-up routine – beginner to advanced
- Musical interpretation and communication in performance
- Managing anxieties in performance, exams, lessons and rehearsals
- Repertoire and programme guidance
- The art of doubling – some useful tips!
Recognising the significance of Performance Science, Victoria Samek introduces OPC, a new and ground-breaking process for the 21st century performer, bringing together the theory of why with the practicalities of how! OPC will be launched later in the Autumn of 2021. But you can have a first-hand taster of this ground-breaking and inspirational approach by booking a lesson.
Teaching is the most privileged position of serving another human being in their desire for the pursuit of excellence, a value which is at the core of my philosophy. Victoria Samek
” I want to thank you for the excellent lessons to date which I always look forward to. I am delighted with my progress this year. I feel that I have embraced your basic concepts of teaching and managed to incorporate them into my learning processes with great benefit”. Sara (Adult Learner)
How to Book
- As soon as payment has been received
- You will get an email from Victoria
- Victoria will ask for your date and time preferences
- Once agreed and confirmed Victoria will send you a Zoom link
Further information or questions can be addressed by contacting Victoria via email: firstname.lastname@example.org