SCAWFELL – Recital music for bass clarinet and piano
An exciting release, which is also the debut recording from bass specialist Sarah Watts. The Scaw Duo, formed by Sarah Watts with her pianist, Antony Clare, brings to light the substantial repertoire for bass clarinet and piano spanning including arrangements and original pieces spanning over three centuries.
Included on this CD is the Premiere recording of Spiegel im Speigel by Arvo Part arranged by Sarah watts with permission from the composer and Scawfell, written by the Duo’s pianist, Antony Clare. The score will be available on the CD as a PDF.
Featuring many other first recordings, this CD is a must for all bass clarinet enthusiasts and those wanting to discover more about the seductive sound of the bass clarinet and its wealth of repertoire.
- Scawfell for bass clarinet and piano, Antony Clare. Premiere Recording
- Urban Myths for bass clarinet and piano, Joe Cutler
- Sonata for bass clarinet and piano. OP. 30a Wolfgang Gabriel uber Walisische
- Volkslieder based on Welsh Folksongs
- Sonata Op. 8 No. 4 for bass clarinet and piano, by Willem De Fesch arr. S Watts. Premiere recording
- Spiegel im Spiegel for bass clarinet and piano, by Arvo Pärt arr. S Watts. Premiere recording
- Ballade for bass clarinet and piano, by Eugene Bozza
- Nieuw Werke, by Paul Termos
- Romance, by Friedrich Diethe
Sarah Watts Bass clarinet Antony Clare Piano
‘This CD, isn’t of interest only to wind players!’
International Record Review
Total Time: 74 minutes