Henri Bok – bass clarinet Rainer Klaas – piano
Clarinet Classics is proud to announce a recital given by one of the worlds leading exponents of the bass clarinet, the Dutch virtuoso, Henri Bok. Professor of bass clarinet at the Rotterdam Conservatiore and author ‘New Techniques for Bass Clarinet’ his playing attracts a large following and has inspired new listeners proving the bass clarinet to be a solo instrument of exceptional quality.
A fascinating programme of 20th century sonatas which fully explores the rich timbre and virtuosic possibilities of the bass clarinet.
All these Sonatas appear for the first time on one CD.
- The Sonata Op. 41 by Othmar Schoeck – the major work in the repertoire
- Hindemith – Sonata; the Authorized version of the bassoon sonata, which Hindemith preferred to the original!
- Stefan Heucke – Sonata; a work of ever increasing beauty and endless energy
- Vaclav Rehák (b.1933) – Sonnet (1964)
- Lubos Sluka – Sonata (1956)
- Burkhardt Soll (b.1944) – Lumen (1998)
“The Sonatas by Hindemith and Sluka, originally written for bassoon and cello respectively, transfer beautifully to bass clarinet…..”
BBC Music Magazine