Listen to 30 Second Song Samples
Contemporary Music for Clarinet
Roger Heaton – clarinet
Contemporary music specialist Roger Heaton’s new CD focuses on three important modernist works from the mid-twentieth century. Radulescu’s ground-breaking solo work was written for Heaton in 1983, lasting 28 minutes without a break it explores an incredible soundworld of multiple sonorities based on the harmonic series. The accompanying film by Simon Weir is a performance of the whole piece with the score and explanation and discussion by Roger Heaton.
- The world premiere recording of Horatiu Radulescu’s The Inner Time in its original version for solo clarinet
- Two classics of the contemporary solo clarinet repertory: Boulez’s Domaines and Giacinto Scelsi’s Ixor
- Included on the CD is an extraordinary film of the recording of The Inner Time with discussion and explanation from Roger Heaton. Now freely available in our video section
- A facsimile of Boulez’s sketches for Domaines
- CD liner notes by leading Boulez authority Robert Piencikowski.
‘This important new release from Roger Heaton, World leader in advanced clarinet techniques and contemporary interpretation is a major addition both to the Clarinet Classics catalogue and recorded clarinet music.’
INTERNATIONAL RECORD REVIEW