The Electric Saxophone is an intriguing and exciting collection of pieces for saxophone and tape/computer. Played by Stephen Cottrell, whose involvement in the world of electro-acoustic music goes back nearly two decades . The disc represents an impressive cross-section of musical styles.
- Wayne Seagel’s funky Jackdaw.
- Ian Dearden’s electronic inspired Lilt.
- Javier Alvarez – On Going On.
- Jonty Harrison’s classic EQ.
- Will Gregory’s rousing Interference.
‘….energy charged and exciting, the saxophone continues to push the boundaries.’
‘This CD evokes a new world of electric acoustic sound…energy charged. The saxophone continues to push boundaries’.
Playing Time: 57 mins.